SEC. 310. ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW OF AIRPORT IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS.
(a) STUDY- The Secretary shall conduct a study of Federal environmental requirements related to the planning and approval of airport improvement projects.
(b) CONTENTS- In conducting the study, the Secretary, at a minimum, shall assess--
(2) the role of public involvement in the planning and approval of airport improvement projects;
(3) the staffing and other resources associated with conducting such environmental reviews; and
(4) the time line for conducting such environmental reviews.
(d) REPORT- Not later than 1 year after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary shall transmit to the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure of the House of Representatives and the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation of the Senate a report on the results of the study, together with recommendations for streamlining, if appropriate, the environmental review process in the planning and approval of airport improvement projects.
SEC. 745. GENERAL ACCOUNTING OFFICE AIRPORT NOISE STUDY.
(a) IN GENERAL.- The Comptroller General of the United States shall conduct a study on airport noise in the United States.
(b) CONTENTS OF STUDY.- In conducting the study, the Comptroller General shall examine-
(2) the threshold of noise at which health begins to be affected;
(3) the effectiveness of noise abatement programs at airports located in the United States;
(4) the impacts of aircraft noise on communities, including schools;
(5) the noise assessment practices of the Federal Aviation Administration and whether such practices fairly and accurately reflect the burden of noise on communities; and
(6) the items requested to be examined by certain Members of the House of Representatives in a letter relating to aircraft noise to the Comptroller General dated April 30, 1999.
SEC. 747. NONMILITARY HELICOPTER NOISE.
(a) IN GENERAL- The Secretary shall conduct a study--
(2) to develop recommendations for the reduction of the effects of nonmilitary helicopter noise.
(c) CONSIDERATION OF VIEWS- In conducting the study, the Secretary shall consider the views of representatives of the helicopter industry and organizations with an interest in reducing nonmilitary helicopter noise.
(d) REPORT- Not later than 1 year after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary shall transmit to Congress a report on the results of the study conducted under this section.
SEC. 807. REPORTS.
(a) OVERFLIGHT FEE REPORT- Not later than 180 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Administrator shall transmit to Congress a report on the effects overflight fees are likely to have on the commercial air tour operation industry. The report shall include, but shall not be limited to--
(2) the financial effects proposed offsets are likely to have on Federal Aviation Administration budgets and appropriations.